Thursday, May 2, 2013

AMERICAN GIRL DOLL CLOTHES

Today I made Saige an Artist's Smock.  The American Girl Store sells accessories for Saige which include an easel, canvases, paints and brushes but NO smock.  So, I figured every artist needs a smock........and a tie-dyed kerchief.............and a palette..........with paint dabs.   These are now in my new etsy shop, IT'S A DOLL'S WORLD.   

I read the two Saige books last week and I have to admit that I really liked them!  They are sweet stories about family, girls' relationships and growing up.  Saige lives in New Mexico.  When I was in 4th grade we were assigned to write about a state.  I chose New Mexico.  I even got a letter back from the governor at that time!  Saige loves to paint and has a close relationship with her grandmother.  I am a pastel and watercolor painter as well.   So I have enjoyed making clothes and accessories for Saige.  Check out some of my creations.............



I tie-dyed this fabric sheet in 1995 while living in Denver.  I made roman shades out of it at the time.  I still have some of the left over fabric............I knew it would come in handy sometime.


Saige's paint palette is made out of craft foam.  I just dabbed some paint on to look like she has been painting.



The paint brush and the box of paints actually belong to a set I bought for my daughter's doll, Samantha, about 20 years ago.




I decided to splatter some paint on one of the artist smocks that I made.  I think it looks more realistic.


I found the easel and small canvas at Joann's


Here is a trio of skinny jeans I made using a Liberty Jane pattern.  I used denim with spandex.  I love how they turned out!  They have four working pockets, mock fly, elastic in the waist and fit the dolls so cute!





Here's a little top I made using a SchoolHouse pattern.  It is such a simple pattern that it would be a great choice to use to teach your daughter how to sew.  I love the little ruffle on the bottom and it fits perfectly!  It closes in the back with velcro and has matching capris if you want to make them as well.


No comments: