Sunday, February 3, 2013

American Girl Doll Clothes

I love color, mixing patterns, instant gratification and sewing.  And.......my newest love is sewing from the Keepers Dolly Duds American Girl doll patterns.  These patterns are so well designed.  They are a pleasure to sew and fit perfectly!  The designer researched and designed her patterns with the greatest details.  But......since I love color I'm putting a little different spin on them.  I'm using lots of patterns and colors from my stash of fabrics.  (Please disregard the craft supplies in the background).




All of the patterns are finished on the inside.  The bodices are lined and hand stitched to cover the rough edges.  Lovely!  The patterns remind me of the smocking Children's Corner patterns I used to make for my daughter.


Here is one more example of the 1850's dress with pinafore.  I plan to sell these dresses in an ETSY store.  I'll post as soon as the store is ready.  Thanks for looking.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I haven't been on your blog in a while Kathi, the doll clothes are beautiful!