Wednesday, February 27, 2013




We were honored to be invited to a lovely vintage wedding over the weekend.  It was a lovely wedding with the perfect vintage touches so thoughtfully planned out by the bride.  The bride was stunning, the groom in his dress blues was so handsome and happy.  The ceremony was so sweet and touching and made you believe in love everlasting!  I love to take candid shots that the "real" photographer may have missed. are a few of the scenes I captured at this magical wedding at the Rock Barn in Canton, GA.  Enjoy.................and may God Bless this beautiful couple starting their lives together!

Monday, February 25, 2013

18" Doll Dress Forms

I made this doll dress form today using a Liberty Jane pattern.  I will be photographing my American Girl doll dresses and decided to make this dress form to display the dress.  It is very easy to sew, stuff, glue the bottom and then add a base.  You can find the pattern here if you want to try one also!

Sunday, February 24, 2013


In honor of National Read a Fairy Tale Day - I made this Rapunzel Castle out of a Pringle's can.  I wish I could say that I came up with the idea myself, but I didn't.  I saw this idea on (guess what) Pinterest.  I think they used scrapbook paper but I had this wonderful stone fabric in my stash.  I glued it around the Pringle's can with an embellishment glue stick.  I used 6 strands of yarn for the braid and then cut out a large circle from pink stock paper and formed it into a cone.  This would be a quick and easy craft to do with kids.  So, go read a fairy tale and make your own castle!  

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Handmade American Girl doll dresses

I just finished another dress for Miss Molly.  It's an 1850's era dress and I used a pattern from Keeper's Dolly Duds which I purchased on etsy.  I bought the fabric from Sew Main Street in Woodstock, Ga.  I'm having so much fun making these dresses.  The one I'm sewing on is always my favorite and I'm always thing about fabric combinations and details to add.  The back buttons up and ties.  All of the seams are finished and the facings are sewn down.  These are really sturdy little dresses.  It reminds me of when I sewed for my daughter using Children's Corner patterns.  Hope you like Molly's new dress!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

1850's American Girl's Dress

An 1850's dress made for American Girl dolls (18" dolls) from the Keepers Dolly Duds pattern.  I bought my fabric from Sew Main Street in Woodstock, Georgia.  I love sewing with these patterns because they are so well designed and fit the dolls perfectly.  All of the seams are finished and facing are whip stitched.  The back of the dress buttons for easy dressing by little hands.  I added the gathered fabric in the center panel.  I will be adding this one to my etsy page for sale.  Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013


See what you can make out of an old Campbell's soup can?  I covered it with burlap, added the rose "ribbon" at the top and a brown satin bow with pearl pins.  I found the rose ribbon at Joann's.  I attached everything with a hot glue gun and presto..........a pretty container for my pencils and rulers for my sewing room.  *I found this idea on Pinterest.

Here is another version using a cute fabric I found at Joann's.  I added some trim at the bottom with hot glue.  Larger cans would be nice containers also.  This is a nice way to repurpose cans that are going into the recycle bin.

Another American Girl dress I made from some Walmart fabric!  Molly likes her new dress.

Here is the same pattern only in a gingham cherries fabric that I found at Joann's.  I buy 1/2 yard of fabric for each dress.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

American Girl Doll Clothes

I love color, mixing patterns, instant gratification and sewing. newest love is sewing from the Keepers Dolly Duds American Girl doll patterns.  These patterns are so well designed.  They are a pleasure to sew and fit perfectly!  The designer researched and designed her patterns with the greatest details.  But......since I love color I'm putting a little different spin on them.  I'm using lots of patterns and colors from my stash of fabrics.  (Please disregard the craft supplies in the background).

All of the patterns are finished on the inside.  The bodices are lined and hand stitched to cover the rough edges.  Lovely!  The patterns remind me of the smocking Children's Corner patterns I used to make for my daughter.

Here is one more example of the 1850's dress with pinafore.  I plan to sell these dresses in an ETSY store.  I'll post as soon as the store is ready.  Thanks for looking.