Saturday, June 23, 2012

ZOO ATLANTA


When was the last time you went to the zoo?  I don't think I've been in about 10 years.  There is a Zoo Atlanta pass you can pick up at your local library and receive 4 free passes to the Zoo!  Last weekend we took advantage of that little deal!



I happened to be standing at the Flamingo pool when the caretakers arrived with food.  ALL of the flamingos turned and started toward the caretakers at once!


I love the graceful flamingo with those huge beaks!  I still don't understand how they can stand on one leg for so long!


There was one area of the zoo that I had never been to before.  It was the bird sanctuary.  It was filled with parakeets.



Love the giraffes!


I learned that each gorilla has a different shaped nose similar to our fingerprints.  That is how they are identified by their noses!


And of course, the Carousel.



On the way home we stopped at Atlanta's Food Truck Park at Howell Mill Road and I-75.

You HAVE to stop at the YumYum truck and get a cupcake!







This past spring a robin built a nest next to our dining room window.  I took photos every few days.  I love this photo of the little white feathers glowing in the sun with the mother bird watching over her babies.

No comments: