Thursday, January 12, 2012

PLAY-DOH, DRAGONFLIES AND HEARTS! OH MY!

I'll have to admit that since my kids have grown up I haven't been in a toy store for a long time.  Since I am starting a LEGO CLUB at my  library I decided to browse Toys 'R Us to check out their current stock of LEGOS.  The last ones I purchased are probably 15 years old now.  But as I was wandering around the store I came upon this wonderful NEW Play-Doh!  M E T A L L I C Play-Doh!  Why didn't they have this when my kids were little?  I really want to go back and buy some just so I can play with it myself!  What a great idea!



And, I love the Star Wars LEGOS!  Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Hans Solo!  We really need these for our LEGO CLUB!



On to the Dragonflies.  I've started a new Dragonflies hat using Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino.  It is 55% Merino wool and 12% Cashmere.  The last Dragonflies hat I made used a thicker yarn (worsted) that had a fuzzy quality. This is a DK weight and is so wonderful to knit.  I am making the size Large so it will still be slouchy but I think the pattern is showing up better in this one.  Also, after making the first one, the tricky lace pattern is going much smoother now!  I'm actually getting the hang of it and ENJOYING it!


A cute little Valentine's present I found on ETSY is this package of VALENTINE SOAPS from the LoveLeeSoaps.etsy.com shop.  I love the conversation hearts made into little 1" soaps.  You can check out their shop here.





No comments: