Saturday, January 21, 2012

FELT HEART WREATH TUTORIAL







I cut a heart shape out of foamcore board.  Total height = 8".  Remember HOT GLUE IS YOUR FRIEND!  I have made pillows with these little felt petals but I stitched them together.  This time I decided to cut the prep time and use hot glue.



I squirted a blog of hot glue and then pressed my fingers into the center of the petal and slid it close to the previous petal.


I cut approx. 3" circles of felt.


I folded them in half and then in half again, securing them with a blob of hot glue instead of stitching.  This seemed to work out just fine.


Here I am pressing the petal into place and waiting for the glue to dry a few seconds.



You can make it as full as you want.  I had room to add about 2 petals side by side on this wreath.  Keep hot gluing petals all around the wreath.


And voila!  You have a mini Felt Heart Wreath to enjoy......even on a rainy day!



No comments: