Friday, January 6, 2012

DRAGONFLIES HAT

I finished the Dragonflies Hat to wear with my Bella's Mittens.  I found the pattern on Ravelry.  It was the first time that I had knit "lace".  It was challenging for me but I learned a lot about different stitches and how to read and interpret the pattern.  I started out making the Large size, but I made a mistake and torn it out.  I decided to make the Small.  This yarn is really stretchy, so if I had made the Large it would have been gigantic!  I still need to block it, so maybe the pattern will pop even more then.  But, all in all, I am real happy with the way it turned out and should keep my head toasty.......if it ever gets cold around here!



I figured out that you NEED to put markers between each set of stitches on each round.  If you make a mistake you can figure out which set has the problem instead of tearing out the whole row.


I also covered above and below the line of instruction that I was on because several times I starting stitching the instruction above.  Live and Learn.


By the time I got to the top of the hat I had the pattern and tension figured out.  Now I can't wait to make another one.




No comments: