Saturday, December 17, 2011

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LITTLE LIKE CHRISTMAS

Just wanted to share a few holiday decorating photos from around our house.  I was asked to paint angels on several mirrored ornaments.  They are to go to caregivers and say "I can see an angel".  I used a glossy slick pen for the angel and glitter glue for the halo.



I made yarn baskets for Christmas presents for my friends at the library.  A lot of us knit and have fun sharing patterns and our latest projects.




I wanted to try a "woodland scene" for my mantle this year.  My son cut a pile of branches off our Leland Cyprus and another pile of branches off our Curly Willow.  I put them in my "vintage" bicycle basket.  I call it vintage because I actually used it when I was in college.  I had the glitter deer, I added silver pinecones, birds and found these cool feathered balls at Walmart!



In the background you can see my glittered sweetgum ball stars made with toothpicks and tons of hot glue.



And this is the nest we found in our Christmas Tree this year.  Luckily, the critters were long gone!



One of my vintage elves.  On.  A.  Shelf.
I remember decorating with them when I was little.  They came attached to Whitman's Chocolates.



A little deer diorama sitting on my window sill with a bottle brush tree (from Walmart) and the most beautiful Christmas card from my husband's aunt.  Aunt Margaret is an artist and usually paints oils.  I love her winter scenes (wish I could afford one).  The last few years she has had them printed on Christmas cards.  I need to frame this one fast!

No comments: