Saturday, November 5, 2011

NEW KNITTING

My wonderfully talented sister in law was visiting last weekend from Tampa.  She knits, she crochets, she sews, she smocks, she embroiders, she can do anything!  All I had to do was just mention that my daughter wanted a certain hat that she had seen on ETSY.  The ETSY owner wasn't offering to sell the pattern.  So, my sister in law just came up with her own pattern - here is the chunky slouchy hat that my daughter wanted.  My sister in law knitted it while they were driving up from Tampa.  Beautiful, huh? Note to self - send my sister in law a photo of what I want for Christmas!





Here is what I have on my needles.  It's another Shawl Colored Cowl.  I wore mine to our favorite restaurant, Izumi, the other night and the owner asked me to knit one for her.  She wanted black with little sparkles in it.  I found the perfect yarn at The Whole Nine Yarns in downtown Woodstock, GA.



You can see it has just the right amount of sparkle.  Not too gaudy.  I found some little crystal buttons and will post a photo once it is blocked.


No comments: