Friday, October 14, 2011

GLENRIDGE HALL - PLEIN AIR PAINTING


It was the perfect Fall day here in Atlanta and my outdoor painting group had an outing planned to Glenridge Hall in Sandy Springs.  It is just off of Abernathy if you live in the Atlanta area.  The home is located on 47 acres and is absolutely beautiful.  You could paint every square inch of the place.  It reminds me of the secret garden with secret sitting areas and passageways all over the grounds.  Here is my set-up and beginning of my watercolor.  




This view is of the front of the house but doesn't show the right wing!  I am walking from the caretaker's cottage.  I love to walk around the grounds when I first arrive to take photos.  I am usually there in the spring -- so this was the first time I had been in the fall.


Below is the side porch where we eat our lunch.  We usually paint for a few hours, grab our lunches and relax on this porch with it's original wicker chairs.


There were a lot of bees out today.



This is a shot of the backyard.  To the left of this photo is a HUGE chess set.  The flower gardens wind around to the left and the right.  The most gorgeous turquoise wrought iron chairs are on the patio at the top of these stairs.



A shot of the chess set.



These steps are leading down from the rear of the house.




The turquoise chairs.  They must have 30 of them!


Here is another wrought iron settee hidden behind some plantings.



I am standing at the rear of the house looking down to the lower gardens.


Looking back up towards the back of the house.


This fountain is located in the front side of the house close to the caretaker's cottage.  There is also a lake, a koi pond and many more paths and gardens on the grounds.



Another shot of my little table where I spent the morning painting in the most beautiful spot.  I hope you enjoyed my photos of Glenridge Hall.


No comments: