Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BIRTHDAY DINNER

We went to Vingenzo's restaurant in Woodstock tonight for my birthday dinner.  It was spectacular, as usual!


We started off by splitting a Caprese salad.  Isn't it beautiful?  See that mozzarella?  It's made right there in the restaurant!



Tonight the special was homemade fettucini.  Yes, they make their pastas right there too!   I chose the Alla Sorrento.



And here it is.  I can't even describe how delicious it was!  The perfect blend of cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and cheeses.


Here is Michael, the owner and chef who designs the menus each night.  I ordered Pistachio gelato for dessert.  They were completely out but Michael went into the deep freeze to get some for me.  I am so glad he did.  He makes all of his own gelato and he even roasts the pistachios.  It was to die for!  If you are near Woodstock stop in for a wonderful meal at Vingenzo's behind the downtown gazebo.  You will be glad you did!


No comments: