Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SO THERE, NYC AND BOSTON!

New York City, you think you're the only ones with snow plows? Well look what we have here! That's right, our very own Southern version! After three days of being iced in our neighborhood, it did the job breaking up the ice on the huge hill in front of our house. I agree, it does work better when the shovel is a little closer to the street, but heh, we're thankful they showed up!




We actually had a huge caravan of city trucks from the Public Works dept. cruising through our neighborhood. Almost as many as in the Fourth of July Parade! Looks like the schools will probably be closed again tomorrow for the fourth day! At least our power didn't go off this time. We are blessed!



And now I leave you with a few photos I took in my backyard this afternoon. The sun peeked out for a few minutes and I grabbed the camera between trips carrying Christmas decorations down to the basement.

Isn't it peaceful?





No comments: