Friday, December 17, 2010

A LITTLE WHIMSY


Do you think a 4 year old will appreciate a handmade gift? Maybe not, but it sure was fun to make! Here's a funky little whimsical hat for a funky little whimsical girl. I bought this yummy hand dyed yarn in Greensboro, NC at a shop called THIS & THAT and it is called "Lumpy Bumpy Yarn" by Charlene. The cake is about 150 yards and is a lot of fun to knit with it's thick and thin texture.



The pattern is knitted on size 15 double pointed needles in a simple stockinette stitch for about 4 inches and then you start decreasing. I still need to make a little pom pom for the top. I whipped it up in just a couple of hours while watching "Phantom of the Opera". I have a lot of yarn left and think I will make a matching scarf. Too cute!!



No comments: