Friday, November 26, 2010

THANKSGIVING 2010

It was so nice to have the whole family together, cousins, aunt and uncles, grandmothers and great grand children. The weather was more like the Fourth of July than Thanksgiving, but we were thankful for that! Here is our turkey "avant" the grill.


A tradition at our house is to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. One of my all time favorites...........



Several years ago my husband heard "The Kimmer" aka Kim Peterson describe on his radio show (WGST in Atlanta) that he cooked his turkey on the grill basting with wine. We've been doing that for several years now and they always turn out SO tender and delicious!



My favorite part of the Macy's parade when Santa appears..........it's the start of the Holiday Season for me!



Now that the parade is over, it's back to cooking in the kitchen. Notice my new nifty apron. It was made by my cyber friend, Becky Stancil. Check out her etsy site here. It's so cute with that vintage flair and the pink is for Breast Cancer Awareness.


It's nice to have a house full again! Kids playing Wii.........


And two gorgeous redheads, my son's girlfriend and my niece.



It was such a nice day we got t0 enjoy the deck and catching up with family and friends.


The coconut cake arrives..................my aunt makes the most wonderful coconut cake. It is legendary. It takes 3 days to make and soak up the coconut juices. One year she made one to take to her son's house in Charleston. Fortunately for us, she forgot it and my cousin brought it to our house by default. I've never made it myself, but I do have her recipe. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll post the recipe.



And here's the proud cook with his 23 lb perfectly grilled turkey!



The newly engage couple! Yea for Charlie and Natalie!


Abe wasn't so excited to see my photo of UGA biting an Auburn player.


Here's most of the crew............missing about 4 in the photo, but close. We had a great time but missed those that couldn't make it.


My very creative niece and her wonderful necklace made out of bungee cords. See it blogged about here.................


Here's my mom and her sister. My mom told us a story about the year she was 10 years old. It was during the depression in 1938 and her father was out of a job and there was no money. They were not having a turkey for that Thanksgiving. The day before Thanksgiving her mother let her go to the 10 cent movies on the square. During intermission they usually played a few games and she won a drawing..............and it was for a fresh turkey. They DID have turkey that year after all!



Lora takes home the BEST TAKE HOME MEAL EVER!



and.........my kiddos................it was so nice to have everyone home and talking and having fun together. I'm very thankful for all of our blessings this year!


One of my oldest son's new endeavors is starting a business with his friend FREAKING ADORABLE.........art for children. Their website should be up and running soon, but in the meantime you can "like" them on facebook here. They are prints of original acrylic paintings on gallery wrapped canvases and are very cute!


No comments: