Friday, May 21, 2010

KNITTED PREEMIE HAT

My daughter was a preemie 27 years ago. She weighed 3.5 lbs. While going through her baby box recently, I found a little white knitted hat that she had worn in the hospital. I'm sure it had been hand knit by someone in Greenville, South Carolina where she was born. It was SO tiny! I decided to look on the internet for a pattern to knit some preemie hats for my local hospital. Below is one I knitted last night. It's a sweet little eyelet pattern and is only about 4" tall by 5" wide. If you'd like the pattern you can find it here. And if you'd like to knit some for the preemies, let me know. I plan on giving them to a friend who works in the NICU at Kennestone.

2 comments:

MoDLin said...

What a sweet little hat. That's very kind of you to support the families of babies in the NICU. We look forward to the day when fewer and fewer NICUs will be needed.

k. fly said...

oh mom that is the cutest thing!!!