Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MY DAUGHTER'S HOME

My family and I traveled to Florida this past weekend for a wedding. We picked up our daughter in Auburn on the way down. It was the first time I had seen her condo so I thought I would post a few photos. Below is a vintage stereo that used to belong to her grandparents. She uses it for storage in her kitchen. The cookie jar also belonged to her grandmother and is from the 70's. Love the wall color!


My daughter's friend restores vintage bicycles. He recently restored one for her. Boondock, Kelly's shelter cat, is enjoying a view from the window.



In her bedroom, she has a collection of polaroid photos that she and friends have taken.



The orange hippo used to belong to me. I think I got it in the 60's. Now Kelly has it displayed in her bedroom. Behind the hippo is one of her acrylic paintings she painted for a friend's new baby.



My daughter's paint palette...........the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?




The chalkboard wall in her kitchen was made by simply painting chalkboard paint on one wall. It's a great way to keep in touch with roommates!

I love to see old pieces being used and appreciated. They give the condo such an eclectic look!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! Very cool condo!

Becky said...

fun! Love her condo!

I didn't get the orange hippo but do have a blue pig bank that also has a slot for a pen and a coiled letter organizer on top and cute green snail bank! All the same company I bet.

Lisa said...

Hey! I stopped doing the Friday's Famous Favorite because it took too much time to research. I just seem to not have enough time lately. Maybe after the holidays???